2010年3月1日月曜日

Our New Landscaping Work


I turned 29 years old on February 16th.
My younger sister bought some cakes and cute candles for me on her way home from work.
I'm so glad that I still have one more year up to 30.
Last year was so great. I hope this year will be a great year ,too.

We started new landscaping construction 2 weeks ago. This is the first work for me after I came back Japan from Vancouver. I`m really enjoying my work. I like this creative work .

I bought in a Japanese dog wood . We choosed this good shaped tree among a lot of same trees.

Japanese dog wood is popular tree because of that beautiful green and soft atmosphere.
'Bonsai' like a pine tree with good shaped branchs is well known as Japanese traditional style and very popular all over the world. However, Bonsai has no popularity any more in Japan. Young generation people tend to prefer more natural shape of tree as is to Bonsai style trees.

We planted a unique Pine trees and a Japanese dog wood.

and,, We bought in a lot of stones.  



The view of garden changes everyday. We set stones carefully to make the garden more natural.
This technique is very important as Japanese landscaper. But it needs aesthetic sense and lots of experiences.
It is still difficult for me..   

Work with my father is good chance for me to master the skill .


2 件のコメント:

  1. Ohayo, Ume! I’m so glad that you’ve enjoyed doing landscaping work. Judging by these pictures, your landscaping was on the right track to looking good. I, too, miss the days when Bonsai trees were popular in gardens! Are you still doing landscaping these days?

    返信削除
  2. Hey, how's your landscaping project? I assume that it is all done by this time. That’s a really cute gazebo you have there. With the skills that you have for landscaping, I'm pretty sure you have given that gazebo an extraordinary look. I wonder how your garden looks like now. Would you mind sharing some of its photos? Thanks!

    返信削除