2011年3月21日月曜日

Katakuri (Dogtooth violet)

I visited the habitat of Katakuri this afternoon with my family.
But it was too early to see the flower. Almost buds haven't bloomed yet.

Hundred of thousands of Katakuris are growing in this hillside.

It will be at their best in full bloom in a week. I have to come again.



10days have passed since the great earthquake. Various supports and recovery are going gradually.
But still, a lot of people are living in lack of various supplies. Especially,a lack of gasoline is serious problem. My friend's family who live in Tohoku told to me by phone that they lined the gas station for 5 hours and was able to refuel only 10liter. The father of the family go to work by bicycle for a hour. Another lack of supplies are perishable foos like meet,fish and vegetable. They can get only flour , pasta etc in supermarket.

In my area, we are able to refuel easy as usual. I asked the clerk of the station yesterday about it. According to him, the demand of heavy oil will increase in thermal power station,because of the accident of the atomic power plant.Relatively, the production of gasoline and light oil will decreace in the future.
We might have to line at gas station all over Japan in the future.


 

1 件のコメント:

  1. Yes, I agree with that... the production of gasoline will affect not only Japan, but globally for so many concatenated reasons. Time to begin using other alternatives.

    Thank you for updating again. I'll come back to see the Katakuri blossomed. :)

    返信削除